We are now taking massage appointments throughout the week, individual therapists’ availability may vary. We have excellent massage therapists on staff who are ready to help relieve stress and relax you.
Our massage services are performed in a medical setting, tipping is not customary. You may consider showing your appreciation by referring your friends, family, or co-workers.
To make your next massage appointment please call our office at American Chiropractic Health (410) 821-7200 for times and availability of our massage therapists. Thank you.
Note – Gift certificates are available.
Massage Therapy can be used with conventional medical treatment to alleviate pain and stress, aid in soft tissue healing, relaxation, muscle tightness, anxiety and tension. Various types of massage, such as deep tissue, myofascial release, and Swedish can release endorphins, the body’s natural pain killing hormones and restore wellness.
Massage has been shown to:
- Improve quality of sleep
- Reduce fatigue and increase energy
- Lower blood pressure
- Boost immune system
- Improve concentration
- Reduce stress
- Increase range of motion in joints
Deep tissue massage is used for a variety of complaints including sports injuries, muscle spasms and cramping, muscle sprain/strain, to aid in healing. Deep tissue massage pumps oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, increases circulation of blood and lymph flow and increases range of motion and joint flexibility. Sports Massage can also be useful in both pre and post training for athletes competing in running, cross-fit, weight lifting, or triathlons.
This gentle approach is safe and effective for treating pain and dysfunction caused by inflammation or trauma such as post-surgical scar tissue. Myofascial tissue surrounds all muscles and connects muscles and tendons throughout the body. The massage practitioner applies gentle sustained pressure into the Myofascial connective tissue restrictions to eliminate pain and restore motion.
Swedish massage is extremely beneficial for stress reduction and tension by using gentle gliding strokes. It can also include kneading, tapping and cross fiber friction to warm muscles and break up adhesions depending on the needs of the individual. This technique is also used for pain and joint stiffness such as cases of osteoarthritis.
Health Conditions Massage Effects:
- Massage can reduce sports-related soreness and improve circulation
- Deep-tissue massage is effective in treating back pain, neck pain, and migraines
- Fibromyalgia patients receiving massage have less pain, depression, anxiety, stiffness, fatigue, and sleep problems
- Massage reduces symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Oncology patients show less pain, fatigue, nausea, anxiety, and depression following massage therapy
- Stroke patients show less anxiety and lower blood pressure with massage therapy
- Massage therapy is effective is reducing postsurgical pain
Massage Therapy Hours
Please Call for Appointment Times
60 minute massage
90 minute massage
(Call our office for complete pricing.)